Hinds Spices is on the hunt to discover Mzansi’s best Shisa Nyama. The proudly South African spice brand known for making meals taste bigger, bolder, and better is turning up the heat this summer as Shisa Nyama’s in Soweto compete for the title of Hinds Spices Chesa Champion.
The spice rack essential will kick-off the search for Mzansi’s Chesa Champion across key Shisa Nyama’s in Soweto in November. Ten selected Shisa Nyama’s will form part of the Hinds Spices Chesa Championship and voted by consumers who stand a chance to win a share of R10 000 cash vouchers.
“The aim of the campaign is to discover Mzansi’s best Shisha Nyama and give them an opportunity to showcase their flavours in partnership with Hinds Spices and claim the title of Hinds Spices Chesa Champion,” says Shevani Singh – Brand Manager for Hinds Spices, at RFG Foods.
“The campaign will be activated across ten outlets over two months with activations allowing consumers to come and taste the bold flavours of Hinds Spices used in authentic South African dishes,” she says. “Consumers can vote for their favourite Shisa Nyama via What’s App and stand a chance to win a share of R10 000.”
“The Shisa Nyama crowned the Chesa Champion will walk away with a grand prize worth R50,000,” Singh adds. “As a brand we always aim to give our valuable consumers something extra to be excited about, while adding flavour to their lives, therefore this campaign is perfectly aligned to us giving our consumers and the community where they live more.”
A Mealtime Moment
Maria Soares, head of marketing at RFG Foods, says that the brand is very excited to launch such a proudly South African campaign through a mealtime moment that’s beyond just about sharing great tasting food but is truly a celebration of life and coming together with those closest to you. “We are big on family moments and look forward to growing our Hinds Spices family one plate of Shisa Nyama at a time,” she says.
The championship kicks-off in November so keep an eye on the Hinds Spices social media platforms and pay your favourite Shisa Nyama outlet in Soweto a visit, to see how you can get involved and add some flavour to your well-deserved summer festivities.
Get down one of the participating Shisa Nyama’s to taste their signature dishes and cast your vote:
- Skype Lounge: 1223 Sofasonke Street Orlando East Soweto 1804 Johannesburg, South Africa
- 13 November – Zonke Bonke
- 14 November – Disoufeng: (Meadowlands, 3166 Shinkova, Meadowlands West Zone 10, Meadowlands West, 1803)
- 20 November – Meat Meet (16137 Marthinus Smuts Drive, Diepkloof Zone 3, Diepkloof, 1862)
- 21 November – PDL Lifestyle (Modoba St &, Modjaji St, Pimville, 1809)
- 4 December – Kwa Lichaba (8033 Xorile St, Orlando West, Soweto, 1804)
- 5 December – Chafphozi (Cnr Chris Hani & Nicholas str, Orlando Towers, Soweto)
- 11 December – Roadhouse Pub & Grill (33540 Vuzane St, Dobsonville, Soweto, 1863)
- 12 December – C4 Grill (GL 1 Ormonde Shopping Centre, 18 Crownwood St, Ormonde, Johannesburg, 2091)
- 18 December – Whitehouse Ndofaya (93A Msimango Street, Meadowlands Zone 5, 1852 Soweto)